The Talking Turkey

Monday, July 31, 2006

Night Buses

Night buses are the best way to travel comfortably and cheaply in Turkey, once you get used to it of course. On my first night bus experience I awoke to find it boarding a ferry. Not wanting to miss out on a night-time boat ride, I got off the bus and watched as we sailed across the Mamara Sea. My bus attendant (we were served water, snack cakes, and tea) came and signaled for me to get back on before we docked. The ferry ride was probably the smoothest part of the trip - buses are very tall and seem to rock a little as they're driven. On our second night bus, Taci rushed us in to a rest stop at 4am to eat lentil soup. Because we were running out of time I decided to grab some cups off our bus for our soup. The passengers already on the bus stared at me as I searched the attendant's shelf for the cups, and I understood why as we boarded the bus next to it! In other words, the bus where I had just taken the cups was not our bus.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger Jed Carosaari said…

    Dude! I can't believe you stole those cups!

     
  • At 9:44 PM, Blogger drh said…

    Wasn't there a movie about life in a Turkish prison or something? Midnight Express, I think it was...something to think about.

     
  • At 11:52 PM, Blogger Jed Carosaari said…

    I think you're thinking of Airplane...

     
  • At 6:08 AM, Blogger tp said…

    haha! you guys are funny!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home